[Zope-dev] Dynamic SQL statement construct

Paul Chung Chee Soong HCSCCS@prudential.com.my
Thu, 29 Jul 1999 08:46:55

As usual, I'm beeen using Zope-1.10.3-src, Zap-1.10, RedHat 5.2 and
lately ZPyGresql Database Adaptor. I wonder whether we can dymanicaly
construct an SQL statement. Below is the following situation:

DTML Method 1 :-
============
   Contain 3 same combo box as the first, second and third sort key. Each
combo box contains   3 sort keys,  Aeg. A, B, C.
   User will choose the combination of keys they want and submit the
page..

DTML Method 2 :
============
Display the information as the sorted manner defined in the earlier page.

So how do you guys think? Can Z SQL Method do that? The followings are
the possible key combinations:
ABC
ACB
BAC
BCA
CAB
CBA
AB
AC
BA
BC
CA
CB

Do we need to BUILD 15 Z SQL Method?? If not, what is the proper way?

Please reply to hcsccs@prudential.com.my as well.

Thanks a lot,
Paul Chung
Paul Chung