[Zope-dev] Question to acquisition

Thomas Riedl triedl@linuxland.de
Thu, 10 Jun 1999 16:50:12 +0200

Hi again,
o Master of Delightful, Speedy  And HELPING Answers ;-)

>>                 return self.TEST(
>>                         self.aq_parent, # relevant stuff
>
>Have you tried passing just self? If the object is an
>Implicit acquirer, then you shouldn't need to get aq_parent.

Yes, I tried, and: Gag me with a spoon, it worked! Strange, I thought I had
done almost this before sending my last email... Possibly, this way is
different from my initial use like
	def garble(...):
		EEE=HTMLFile("sdb_button", globals())
		return EEE(self, self.aq_parent, globals(),
			<keyword arguments>)
plus/minus some permutations, which obviously did NOT what I deemed due.

Well, THIS (now working) way I find your explanations and my expectations
have met.

Thankful beyond recognition :-)

tom

--