[Zope-dev] Z SQl Method (Newbie)

Paul Chung Chee Soong HCSCCS@prudential.com.my
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 09:53:03

I have problems with Z SQL Method in Zope 2 which was installed in a
unix(linux) machine. I need to know the following.

Create a Z Gadfly Database Connection. I created a directory 'test' in
Zope-2.0.0a1-src/var/gadfly and it appeared in the Data Source field. How
can I access it thru SQL Method since it isn't a database at all (just a
plain dir !!). Can I create a database or table via SQL Method?

Do I need to link the data source with a gadfly database? If yes, how??

By default, there's a demo data source. How can I use it????? How do I
know what are the tables in it anyway?? Thus, I can't use the SQL Method.

I would appreciate very much if you can reply as soon as possible. I need
to use SQL Method desperately now.

Thanks so much,
Paul