[Zope-dev] Making objects publishable

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 29 Jun 1999 16:41:40 -0400

Publishing just a straight object on the web does not involve Zope,
however, it does involve two things 1) a webserver, and 2) ZPublisher,
which is the Object Request Broker for Zope.

ZPublisher publishes modules over various network protocols.

If you think about it, Zope is just one (really) big python module.  To
ZPublisher, there is no difference between your python module and
Zope's.

So, the quick and dirty way to publish your module would be with the
quick   and dirty webserver that comes with Zope, ZopeHTTPServer.  The
synopsis of the command to do this is:

var=value,]

<path to module> is the path to the module you want to publish.  The URL
then would be:

http://machine:port/Module/Object

-Michel