[Zope-dev] Vairable Query of TinyTables

Jason Spisak webmaster@mtear.com
Tue, 09 Mar 1999 16:59:56 -0500

Friends, Humans, Zopians..lend me your ears:

Has anyone had any luck inserting a variable into the "query" string of
TinyTables.  A thousand thanks to Ty Sarna for the Product by the way!
Trying to customize documents based on user.  A User object has no extra
info, so I put the extra static properties into a TinyTable and want to
get them out base on who is loged in.

By variable query I mean for example:

<!--#var standard_html_header-->
<!--#in "recruiter_data(AUTHENTICATED_USER)"-->
<!--#var wagner--><br>
<!--#/in-->
<!--#var standard_html_footer-->

Believe it or not, it doesn't choke, it just gives me nothing.

I alos tried this

<!--#var standard_html_header-->
<!--#in "recruiter_data(_[AUTHENTICATED_USER])"-->
<!--#var wagner--><br>
<!--#var standard_html_footer-->

but that choked and there is no traceback in the HTML source.

Anybody try this yet?

All the best,

Jason Spisak
webmaster@mtear.com