[Zope-dev] Changes to error handling output - where?

skip@mojam.com (Skip Montanaro) skip@mojam.com (Skip Montanaro)
Tue, 9 Mar 1999 21:23:33 -0500 (EST)

Quinn Dunkan writes:

    [subclassing BoboException snipped]

    Quinn> Anyway, I think this would be a more general solution than adding
    Quinn> more baggage to Z_DEBUG_MODE (and what if you only want some
    Quinn> errors mailed?), and could provide a generalized and intuitive
    Quinn> way of handling all errors gracefully without doing lots of ad
    Quinn> res error checking (that's what exceptions are for, no?).

Sounds like a much better suggestion than my (Z|BOBO)_DEBUG_MODE overload
idea.  I say go ahead and make the required patch and post a diff.  If we
rabble like it but the royalty doesn't we can always storm the castle to get
our way. ;-)

Skip Montanaro	| Mojam: "Uniting the World of Music" http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com  | Musi-Cal: http://www.musi-cal.com/
518-372-5583