[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] sequence of numbers

Shaw, Howard ShawH@STHS.org
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 11:54:11 -0600

Perhaps if you added a python function which performed range checking
and constrained the command to generating between 1 and 100 numbers,
etc, DC might be willing to integrate the patch, since this would not
leave open the hole DC feared (i.e. ask Python to generate several
billion length range). If the range was insufficient for anyone, they
could easily modify that code snippet... Thus the Zopist could tune the
function to be useful.

I am sure DC didn't spend a lot of time on _. functions. They have much
else to do, but I expect if you create a wrapper that can make a
pythonic function safely available and provide a patch they will
probably consider integrating it.

Howard C. Shaw III
Programmer, SysAdmin
St. Thomas High School, Houston, Texas
<disclaimer>My opinions are not those of my employer nor am I
representing my employer in an official capacity</disclaimer>