[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] one 'document' in many 'folders'

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:06:12 -0500

Stefan Franke wrote:

> [Pleased of having caught Jim Fulton in verbose mode 8-]
>
> > You can store any complex Python data in the DB subject to:
> [...]
> >    - Subobjects of persistent objects must be "persistent" or
> >     they must be immutable, or be used immutably, as in:
>
> So class Persistent's __setattr__ is basically also the level
> that transaction and undo support work on?

I'm not sure what you mean by this.  Transaction boundaries
are detemined by transaction calls, which are normally made
by ZPublisher.

Peristent's __setattr__ takes care of registering object
changes.

Now that you mention it, there is another restriction on
persistent objects, they should not implement custom
__setattr__ or __getattr__ methods.

> Can I expect the undo support to work if I take care of the
> persistence rules, regardless of cyclic and acyclic structures?

Yes.

> Propably about time to switch to Zope-dev...

OK, done. :)

Jim

repeats.