[Zope-dev] New Counter Product

Paul Everitt Paul@digicool.com
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 23:01:47 -0500

Michel wrote:
> Howard wrote:
> > 1. How can I create a variable within a Product that will not be
> > persistent (i.e. will not be written to disk)?
> >
> Prefix your variable name with _v_.  If you don't want the
> attribute foo
> to be persistent, call it _v_foo.

But alas, there's a dark side to this.  If you're object gets swapped
out by the Zope cache manager, splat, there goes the updates since your
last change.  Presumably it wouldn't be as it would be getting used a
lot.

There is a way to make your objects "sticky", i.e. they won't be
deactivated.  But Jim isn't comfortable documenting it.

Sticky appears to be the operative term here...

--Paul