[Zope-dev] Possible bug in CopySupport.py (Zope 1.10.2)

Stefan Franke sfranke@cdc-group.com
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 00:36:56 +0200

In CopySupport.py CopyContainer._verifyObjectPaste is called by
manage_renameObject with a REQUEST object passed.

If REQUEST is None in manage_renameObject (the default when
not called interactively) _verifyObjectPaste tries to access a

     user=REQUEST.get('AUTHENTICATED_USER', None)

in line 326 (I have no CVS, so this is the std 1.10.2 distribution).
Since REQUEST is None an AttributeError is thrown.

 * * *

What I was trying to do is to customize the automatic renaming
of object ids (if pasted) via an overloaded _postCopy. I don't know
how to solve the above authentication problem (at least as intended)
other than by passing the REQUEST object over to _postCopy.

Ideas anyone?

Stefan