[Zope-dev] IE5/IE4 and Zope 1.11.0pr11 issues on WIN32

Amos Latteier amos@aracnet.com
Thu, 06 May 1999 17:17:34 -0700

At 10:49 AM 5/6/99 -0400, Robert O'Connor wrote:
>I confirmed the report earlier with the WIN32
>version of Zope 1.11.0pr1 but now I am
>
>***confirming the same thing with
>the Linux version of ZOPE. ***
>(under RedHat 5.2)
>
>Bottom Line: The new ZOPE doesn't like
>Bill's Browser (IE5 tested here).

Thanks for the note. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but this
doesn't give me enough information to fix your problem. I've used IE 5 on
Zope 1.11.0pr1 served from both win32 and linux and it works fine for me.

If you could please formulate the exact problem and submit it to the
Collector I'd be very happy. (And I might even be able to fix the problem ;-)

>> IE4 and 5 seems to have trouble getting the management icons from
>> ZopeHTTPServer. The page download never completes..
>>
>> I upgraded to ZServer, set use_chunked=0 and it's better, but the icon
>> for "control panel" still won't download correctly. In fact, I get just
>the top
>> part of the folder, say about 4 pixels..

It seems that the Control Panel icon somehow got messed up, or something...
Anyway I committed a new icon to CVS. Check it out and see if it works for
you.

-Amos