[Zope-dev] Z Classes hangup.

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Tue, 11 May 1999 12:29:45 -0400

Since the only people with any real experience using ZClasses is us, and
since we're getting ready for Linux Expo, sometimes you might need to a
bit persistent.  Mentioning money is allways a good stratagy.

> I need to be able to create the following setup:

<snip>

(Outlook, the penultimate example of software engineering excellence,
has decided to stop quoting your message at this point)

You:
When I try to drop doc_a (DTML Method) in MyBaseClassInstance I get a
"Bad
Request" message, telling me the id doc_a is already in use. :(

I don't want to have to make a new Z Class, and I don't want to mess
with
index_html or doc_b at all (though I may, in another instance, want to
change
index_html to reverse the order of doc_a and doc_b, or just redefine
doc_b
instead, etc. Each instance will be unique. Changing the base class
should
change all instances, except those which have overloaded the changed
aspect.
As I understand it, Z Classes already do this just fine.)

Me:
Yes, I think this should work too.  Please report this to the Collector:
http://www.zope.org/Collector

You:
If only I can get this to work, my company will be using Zope on two
MAJOR
deals we just got. I can't mention names, now, but I promise DC would
benefit
from the press involved once the projects are complete.

Me:
You neglected to mention any money.

-Michel