[Zope-dev] Re: [medusa] Strange exception in ZServer/medusa/asynchat.py

Jim Fulton jim@digicool.com
Wed, 26 May 1999 10:12:41 -0400

Skip Montanaro wrote:

> I'm using Medusa by way of Zope's ZServer.  I have ZServer sitting behind an
> Apache proxy and am bombing it from a threaded client script that reads a
> web server log file as input and throws requests at the Apache server.  I
> can vary the number of threads to adjust the load.  I normally run it with
> five simultaneous threads.
>
> By default, the system runs briefly then (as they say), "Whammo! Blammo!", I
> get the following error:

(snip)

> Any ideas?

This was a bug in ZServer that was fixed in the most recent
Zope release (2.0 alpha 1).  Basically, the push method in
ZHTTPServer.zhttp_channel has a second argument that must be
passed a false value when called from a thread other than the
main (medusa) thread.  The ZServer code that runs in separate
threads now supplies this argument.

> Is there a way to easily turn off threading?

Not in ZServer.  It would be a ZServer bug if a problem
resulted from use of threads.  This particular bug has been
fixed.

Jim

repeats.