[Zope-dev] Product icon woes

Ty Sarna tsarna@endicor.com
26 May 1999 17:05:38 GMT

In article <374C2056.5C4BD9D9@pop.vet.uu.nl>,
Martijn Faassen  <M.Faassen@vet.uu.nl> wrote:
> I've done just about everything I've come up with, including breaking
> the product, to make it use my new icon. But whatever I do, it keeps
> coming up with that MailHost icon!
>
> What am I doing wrong? Is this icon somewhere deep in the Zope database
> and not coming out? Help would be appreciated.

Many browsers completely ignore caching rules on images and seem to keep
them forever. one thing you can try (netscape instructions here, adjust
as necessary for your browser) is to right-click on the icon, select
"View Image" to pop it up in a window of its own, and the shift-Reload
in that window. If all else fails, close all but one browser window, go
to a page that doesn't use that icon, and flush disk & ram caches.