[Zope-dev] ObjectManagers and their children

gtk gtk@well.com
Fri, 5 Nov 1999 23:21:11 +1100

>> The children are stored as attributes of the ObjectManager
>> itself, NOT in a dict. This makes some sense from an
>> acquisition point of view, but probably means that  there
>> are a whole bunch of "reserved ids" like manage_beforeDelete.

> I also feel a little worried that a future version of a class
> might add a class attribute which clashes with a pre-existing
> instance attribute added by the user.
>
> The protection you describe won't help if the attribute is added
> in an earlier version, before that class attribute was added.

Aah, you're right. Well, we could perhaps hack ObjectManager to store its
kids in a dictionary, but I'm not sure whether that'd break Acquisition.

Does anyone know whether Acquisition works in a way which is compatible with
__getattr__?

[I guess I could try it, but I'm kinda Zoped out today after fighting Z2
conflicts again.]

Regards,
Garth.

--