[Zope-dev] RE: [Zope] xmlrpc calls require string results?

Jeff Rush Jeff Rush" <jrush@timecastle.net
Fri, 05 Nov 99 19:25:15 -0500

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999 15:18:27 -0500, Dan Pierson wrote:

>Here are the method definitions, all in SquishSite in Squishdot.py:
>
>    def has_subjects(self):
>        ''' returns true if site has subject topics defined'''
>        return len(self.subjects)
>
>    def subject_count(self):
>        ''' gives count of subject topics defined'''
>        return self.has_subjects()
>
>    def subjects_list(self):
>        ''' lists all subjects '''
>        subjects = self.subjects.keys()
>        subjects.sort()
>        return subjects
>
>    def item_count(self):
>        return len(self.data)
>
>Maybe this is just a Squishdot problem, but I can't see any significant
>different between subject_count and item_count above, can you?

Uh, yes I can, a very big one.  The item_count() method is missing
a function-comment string, which means the ZPublisher module
won't allow it to be externally called.  That sure looks like your
problem.

-Jeff Rush