[Zope-dev] ANNOUNCE: ZWiki 0.1 released

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
05 Nov 1999 17:54:50 -0800

Hi David,

I saw the problem - thanks for bringing it to light. Namely: it's easy
to enter some bad dtml which then prevents the page from rendering. It
has to be fixed through the management interface.

Hmm what can we do about this. I had hoped to allow the use of DTML.
Perhaps after an edit I can

try:
  render new page
except:
  revert to old content

You also revealed a pagenames-with-spaces problem, fixed.

The above issue aside, does anonymous DTML entry open up big security
holes, I wonder ? I don't *think* so.. I think DTML's whole rationale
is that it won't harm the server no matter what you do with it.

Regards,
-Simon