[Zope-dev] Passing arguments to external methods

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 13:50:40 -0500

> I'm currently trying to play with external methods using the
> How-To written
> by "brian".
>
> cf. http://www.zope.org/Documentation/How-To/ExternalMethods
>
> When I'm trying to pass the REQUEST object to my external method, Zope
> complains:
>
>    Zope has encountered an error while publishing this resource.
>
>    Error Type: TypeError
>    Error Value: not enough arguments; expected 2, got 1
>
> The method definition looks like "def helloWorld(self,
> REQUEST)". And the
> call to the external methods looks like "<dtml-var
> "helloWorld(REQUEST)">".
> So it looks to me like Zope is asking for the "self"
> variable, which is a
> bit strange since this argument is supposed to be implicit.

You aren't trying to call it from another External Method
by any chance, are you? Can you post the code/dtml that
you are actually using to call the helloWorld method?

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909