[Zope-dev] Best way to do access logging?

Andrew Wilcox circle@gwi.net
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 16:56:51 -0500

I'm interested in doing some access logging for my Zope site -- a record
that such and such an authenticated user accessed such and such a page.

Anybody have an access log product already?

Where is the best place to hook into the page serving process to grab the
user name and URL when a page gets served?

Any issues with storing the log in the ZODB?  I can send it out to a SQL
database if necessary, but would prefer to keep it within Zope (and more
portable) unless there is a good reason not to.

Thanks!

Andrew