[Zope-dev] Best way to do access logging?

Andrew Wilcox circle@gwi.net
Thu, 11 Nov 1999 19:13:11 -0500

>> Anybody have an access log product already?
>
>Somebody wrote a <dtml-log> tag, check out the Products section.

Yes, I saw that, thanks, but I would want to store it as a structured
record, not mix it up with other Zope server logging.  Also I would prefer
not to have to add a tag or method call to *every* page on the site.

Maybe I could subclass a Folder?  Wouldn't one of its methods get called
during the URL walk, I would think, and that might be a good point to
capture access information.  Then I would have a "Access Logging Folder"
that would record authenticated user and URL path info when child objects
were accessed.