[Zope-dev] Overriding __getattr__ for requests only.

Anthony Pfrunder s341625@student.uq.edu.au
Sat, 13 Nov 1999 15:09:28 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Christopher Petrilli wrote:

> On 11/12/99 3:57 PM, Jeff K. Hoffman at jkhoffman@carolina.rr.com wrote:
>
> > I am trying to write a new subclass of OFS.Folder (as a python product) to
> > do the following: When a user requests /myFolder/index_html, myFolder
> > will search itself, then its list of 'parents', returning the attribute
> > from one of them if they have it, and raising an AttributeError if not.
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly does this accomplish that isn't
> accomplished by Acquisition?

Basically, it lets you acquire from a fixed set of parents instead of the
entire aquisition path.  I'm battling this out for behaviours as well.
Another way to think of this is mix-in classes working within the
user-space instead of zclass space.

Cheers,

Anthony Pfrunder