[Zope-dev] getting Zap to work with cgi-bin directory

Michael Olivier mo@local2me.com
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 22:36:48 -0800

Hi folks,

We've got Zope and Zap running but are having trouble with Zap's cgi-bin
directory.  Specifically, we're wanting to run some pcgi/bobo stuff but
can't get even the perl test scripts (printenv, test-cgi) to work.

From the error log I can see that it's mapping /localhost/cgi-bin to
/usr/local/zope/Zap/htdocs/cgi-bin/ --
it's looking for cgi-bin below htdocs.  I'd like to have it as a sibling
directory with htdocs.  If I actually put it inside htdocs
(htdocs/cgi-bin), it
displays the scripts but doesn't execute them.  I tried adding this to
the zap.conf file:

<Directory /usr/local/zope/Zap/cgi-bin>
AllowOverride None
Options ExecCGI
</Directory>

...but this didn't seem to have any effect...

Can someone advise please on how to debug this situation?  Doesn't zap
come preconfigured for cgi-bin use, or not?

Many thanks,
Michael