[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] [ANN] ZpdfDocument-0-0-1

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Tue, 16 Nov 1999 08:00:45 -0500 (EST)

Hi Hannu

I have moved this discussion on the zope-dev list ...

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, Hannu Krosing wrote:

> The _right_ (tm) approach would be to implement support for CSS2 (and test it
> on
> something really complex like MSWord2000 MS-XML-(X)HTML docs ;)

 I was afraid you or someone else would say something like this ;-).
Eventually it is the right way to go.

> The one that actually can be done in reasonable amount of time would be a
> minimal
> set of additional tags (maybe only <page>) an some attributes for some tags -
> page_break_before, page_break_after with their counterparts no_ page_break_xxx
> override style defaults. And a possibility to set such style defaults.

This is what I am thinking too. If I get some time next weekend I might
try to add them.

> I will also need to disable page headers and footers (my current need is
> printing
> exactly positioned addresses on postcards) and next I will add a feature to
> make
> them optional (unless this already exists ?)

No, I did not give the option to remove them. I should have them by next
release.

Thanks for the feedback Hannu

Pavlos