[Zope-dev] Replacing/Augmenting dtml-sqltest from a Product?

Bradley McLean brad@bradm.ne.mediaone.net
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 00:17:55 -0500

Please forgive the somewhat naive question.  I'm a
seasoned C/C++, Java, Perl programmer new to Python
and Zope.  Hopefully someone can save me a little
time.

I've modified Shared/DC/ZRDB/sqltest.py and
sqlgroup.py to provide some additional semantics
that I find very useful.  Specifically, I've
added range and keyword operations, and comparisons
other than equality to sqltest, and I've made
a parameterized version of sqlgroup that allows
selection of 'and' or 'or' linkages from a variable,
making it easier to provide sophisticated search
options on a Zope page.

I'd like to make these modifications available
for public review and comment.

The best way I can think of to do this is to make
a new Product that provides the new versions and
replaces them in DC/ZRDB/DA/SQL.

Can anyone give me a brief shortcut on how to do
that?  I can figure out how to make a Product,
but figuring out how to either replace these
classes, or to create a duplicate of SQL Method
which uses them is not entirely obvious.

TIA,

-Brad