[Zope-dev] more on sessions in general.

Fri, 19 Nov 1999 10:12:22 +1100

>>> "Stuart 'Zen' Bishop" wrote
> There is a need for someone to write ZSession or DumbSession that simply
> stores the information in a in-memory dictionary (or var/session for ZEO
> compatibility?), which would then define the API.

Yep. Don't look at me - SQL Sessions do what I need.

> How would you 'slot in' a session?
>
> Perhaps it just calls getSession(this(),REQUEST), which would be aquired
> from higher-on-up. This method could defined in SQLSessionFolder, or just
> a DTML/external method the site manager left in the root folder, or we could
> patch OFS/Folder.py to give it a 'Session' property defining the class of the

Right now, you simply <dtml-call Session>. The Session is the SQLSession
object - it contains the SQL methods used by the session. It creates
REQUEST.SESSION, which is a dictionary-like thing.

> It would be nice if REQUEST.SESSION was filled in for you if the session
> class has been defined, but someone else will need to comment on its
> feasibility :-)

That's what I do now. It seemed appropriate - it felt like it should be
on an equivalent level to RESPONSE.

Anthony