[Zope-dev] ZClass.py?

Martijn Pieters mj@antraciet.nl
Fri, 01 Oct 1999 14:17:13 +0200

At 07:55 01/10/99 , David Kankiewicz wrote:
>I'm slowly updating the whole ZQR and came across this:
>cb_isMovable=cb_isCopyable in ZClass.py
>
>Does this need to be there or changed to cb_isMoveable, like the one in
>CopySupport.py?
>
>Also can someone who knows about the objectIds_d, objectItems_d,
>objectMap_d in ObjectManager.py, mention the purpose of having them
>there and if I should mention them in the ZQR? they seem to be left over
>from something, can't find any other references to them.

When called on the root folder, objectIds_d returns all objects that are in
the root folder _minus_ the reserved objects (those objects in the root
folder that cannot be deleted, like Control Panel, and the standard_ objects).

The other _d methods are based on objectIds_d, so they do exactly the same
as their non-_d counterparts, but will never include a reserved object.

I am not exactly sure why they are there, no other Zope code references
them. And as they have no doc strings, you can't use them from DTML, so I
don't see why you should include them in the ZQR.

--
Martijn Pieters, Web Developer