[Zope-dev] Clarification: Bug patches and Product update

Anthony Pfrunder s341625@student.uq.edu.au
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 09:14:25 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On Tue, 5 Oct 1999, Martijn Faassen wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I'm afraid I'm having trouble making this work.

Hmm, another bug in Zope RE the aq_{} attributes.  To get around this,
click on the index_html form and use the View plane within it (NOT the
view on the VisualStudio Examples folder)

The exact patch for PythonMethods (latest development release 0.1.2
tested):

File /home/Zope/lib/python/Products/PythonMethod/PythonMethod.py, line
132, in makeFunction:

self._v_selfish = (fc.co_varnames and fc.co_varnames[0]=='self' and
                   (fc.co_argcount - len(f.func_defaults) - 1))

change to:

self._v_selfish = (fc.co_varnames and fc.co_varnames[0]=='self')

> Studying the code and remembering some trickiness I encountered with
> ZDOM, I imagine it has to do with the following: when I insert a new
> node in Python, and then try to refer to that node, it doesn't work.
> Instead I need to get at the node through the ZDOM (for instance through
> getNextSibling(), if I just insert it below a node). In that case it
> does work.

Hmm, when you apply the fix above could you check out my code.  I think
that is what I did.

> I can't get any of it to work. When I try the index_html in the example
> folder, I get:

See above

You will still get javascript errors as I still have to rewrite the
javascript library to use the new event system.  I probably won't get
around to it until 2 weeks from now (little thing called a thesis...)

Cheers,

Anthony Pfrunder