[Zope-dev] Another zope suggestion

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 14:24:50 -0400

Christopher Petrilli wrote back:
> Could you elaborate on what problem you are trying to solve?  This sounds
> awfully scary and frightening to me :-)

Zope sets up its PythonPath in z2.py. I was suggesting that should be
stored in the ODB and could be changed from the interface. In
retrospect, though, I know that you guys avoid features in the interface
that could be used to subvert Zope (even if they are ACL protected).

Anyway, I've got a brand new computer that I haven't had time to install
Zope on. I recall that on my last computer I had a problem where
changing the Python Path "the usual way" didn't work. My memory is vague
and I might have missed a description in a FAQ or installation.
"PYTHONPATH" turns up nothing interesting on zope.org.

 Paul Prescod