[Zope-dev] DTML Zclass ID bug - HELP!

Anthony Pfrunder s341625@student.uq.edu.au
Sun, 17 Oct 1999 17:27:57 +1000 (GMT+1000)

Hi,

I've run into a really annoying bug and was wondering if it is fixed in
the CVS version (I don't have direct internet access to check).

Create a new Product containing a Zclass subclassing from the DTML
Document or Method.  Add a Python or DTML Method which does:

	This document is <dtml-var id>

Then, add an instance of this Zclass.  When you VIEW it you get:

	This document is <cstring ...>

AND when you edit it the ID is empty.  All references to the ID and
related internal variables return CSTRING or cause tracebacks.  How do i
get the REAL id?

Also, I can get the unprocessed content via self.read() but how do I get
the processed data?  repr, `..` and index_html all give weird tracebacks.

This is stopping me from finishing a JavaScript XMLWidget for XMLWidgets
release 2 so any help would be greatly appreiated.

Just a thought - what about adding a Storage/Zclass mixin class for people
doing combo Product / ZClass systems.  Hence, the ZClass gets stored
within a ZODB in the appropiate Product directory hence reducing
installation hassles.  This also means we can just zip up the Product
directory to automatically include ZClasses [looks at the ZODB experts on
Zope-dev].

Cheers,

Anthony Pfrunder