[Zope-dev] DTML ZClass ID Bug

Jason Spisak webmaster@hiretechs.com
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 17:52:19 -0400

I had submitted this to Collector about a month ago, and have since
wrote an external method to get around creating them with id's.

If you create a ZClass instance based on DTMLMethod or Document through
the web interface you end up with an object that has no id. (Or at least
no way to see it outside the management screens)

If you create the same object in python using:

from DateTime import DateTime
from OFS import DTMLMethod

def make_resume(rfile,id,title)
    ob=ob.__of__(self)
    if rfile:
        my_ob=self.Control_Panel.Products.MyClass()
        my_ob.id=id
        my_ob.propertysheets.MyProperties.manage_changeProperties(
                myproperty=rfile.read())
        my_ob.manage_edit("""<!--#var standard_html_header--><!--#var
myproperty--><!--#var
                standard_html_footer-->""",title)
        my_ob=my_ob.__of__(ob)
        ob._setObject(id, my_ob)

You get an id just fine.  It acts like any other web created ZClass
instance.

I hope DC fixes this soon.  It's really hampering not being able to
extend DTMLDocuemnts and DTML Methods as Zclasses.

All my best,

--
Jason Spisak
webmaster@hiretechs.com