[Zope-dev] Role Inheritance? Timeout?

John Fohrman fohrman@mediaone.net
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 20:07:16 -0400

I'm a newcomer to Zope, coming into the middle of a project using Zope.
We've been looking at security requirements for a commercial Extranet.  It
appears Zope meets all of the requirements except for two:

1. Role Inheritance: Currently, the permissions associated with "Role A" and
"Role B" can be assigned to a single user.  However, they can't be assigned
to "Role C" (ideally along with additional permissions).

2. Timeout: If I walk away from my computer while using Zope, and return an
hour later, someone could use Zope without my permission.  With a timeout, I
could say "log me off if you haven't heard from me in (specified number of)
minutes.

Please let me know if these features actually do exist, or if there is a way
to create them.  (I realize I can also submit these as feature requests to
Zope.org).

Thanks for any feedback,
   John