[Zope-dev] More comfortable DTML editing ?

Andreas Jung ajung@sz-sb.de
Sat, 16 Oct 1999 13:41:54 +0200

On Fri, Oct 15, 1999 at 07:15:30PM +0200, Itamar Shtull-Trauring wrote:
> Andreas Jung wrote:
> >
> > Editing DTML in a textarea input is very annoying.
> > Will there be a better solution in the future of Zope ?
>
> We want to use Zope for data entry for our writers, so we want to develop
> some nice stuff, like Javascript Search/Replace and Javascript
> spellchecker.  Together with <TEXTAREA WRAP> (attention DC - why isn't this
> the default in Zope?) that's a good start on a text editor.

I think there a at least two possibilities:

a) some kind of java applet with basic text editing facilities.
   This should be easy to integrate.

b) support for external HTML editors. The major point
   here is the exchange interface. Maybe one could use Webdav ?!

Andreas