[Zope-dev] Caching

Christopher Petrilli petrilli@digicool.com
Sun, 12 Sep 1999 21:54:12 -0400

> In ROXEN (RXML); There is a tag line where by you can cache certain content
> within the <CACHE> brackets.  Is there something similar within Zope?

What has been thought of is doing more "rendered caching" (i.e. cache
rendered results, thereby short-circuiting the DTML process).  This could be
very advantageous, but gets into a lot of issues of management of the cache
which is non-trivial (Vignette, one of our competitors that does
"consultant-ware" has several patents on it), so... patches accepted. Note
that performance will be one of our "watch words" in the coming months.

Chris