[Zope-dev] Fw: [Zope-dev] wygiwys

Damian Morton morton@dennisinter.com
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 20:43:55 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: damien morton <morton@dennisinter.com>
To: Christopher Petrilli <petrilli@digicool.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 1999 4:29 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope-dev] wygiwys

To be a competetive solution, Zope needs to integrate with the wysiwig systems most designers use. Asking them to cut and past html simply isnt an option.

You just wont see the kind of amazing graphic design that is possible on a website, unless these artist can conveniently use their tools with whatever dynamic publishing system is in use.

One of my complaints with DTML is that it currently cant integrate with dreamweaver or other design tools. Cold Fusion can and does integrate because of their use of custom tags using the same syntax as HTML, rather than the escaped tags used by DTML (and indeed ASP).

I have to say that Im just starting out with Zope. Im learning it and keeping an eye out for a project its appropriate for - an opportunity to indroduce it to my company. Ive attached the DreamWeaver extensions manual. Maybe youll have a look at and we can exchange ideas. I dont think it would be too hard to introduce a handfull of Zope specific extensions for Dreamweaver - ones that would cover 99% of what zope requires.

I think youll find that the dreamweaver extensions mechanism might possibly cover all that Zope requires, including access to the management interface. A DLL might need to be created which implements a javascript to python interface, but thats about it.

Anyway, have to run. let me know what you think.

Dreamweaver extensions document can be found at http://209.73.0.109/DreamWeaver/extending.pdf