[Zope-dev] Fw: [Zope-dev] wygiwys

Kevin Dangoor kid@kendermedia.com
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 21:43:46 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Damian Morton <morton@dennisinter.com>
To: zope-dev@zope.org <zope-dev@zope.org>
Date: Tuesday, September 14, 1999 9:27 PM
Subject: [Zope-dev] Fw: [Zope-dev] wygiwys

>To be a competetive solution, Zope needs to integrate with the wysiwig
systems most designers use. Asking them to cut and past html simply isnt an
option.

Hopefully, WebDAV will catch on quickly (Dreamweaver 3 maybe?). This will
surely eliminate cut and paste.

>One of my complaints with DTML is that it currently cant integrate with
dreamweaver or other design tools. Cold Fusion can and does integrate
because of their use of custom tags using the same syntax as HTML, rather
than the escaped tags used by DTML (and indeed ASP).

Actually, Zope 2 has a new, preferred syntax which is not escaped-looking...
<dtml-if>
blah blah blah
</dtml-if>
etc...