[Zope-dev] Running ZServer on Port 80 as root Permission Denied

Pavlos Christoforou pavlos@gaaros.msrc.sunysb.edu
Thu, 23 Sep 1999 12:58:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Jason Spisak wrote:

> Zopists,
>
> I am trying to run ZServer on port 80 so that www.mydomain.com come
> right out of Zope.  I read the docs on z2.py and startingthe http
> server, ftp server and monitor server look fine.  But when it gets to
> the Z2.pid file I get a permission denied even with a chmod 777 on the
> entire Zope top directory.  I've tried installing as root, as well an
> unprivliaged user and I get this same error when running z2.py -w 80 in
> line 494:

Jason -

I just tried moving my whole site from 8080 to 80 and it works fine. The
only thing I had to do was to stop apache, change the port number in the
start script to 80 and executed a
chown -R nobody:nobody on the var directory.
You also need to start zope as root.

Regards

Pavlos