[Zope-dev] PATCH: VisualStudio Product

Anthony Pfrunder s341625@student.uq.edu.au
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 21:15:41 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Amos Latteier wrote:

[snip snip]

Arrrggghhh!  Sorry, some of my bugfixes and "enhancements" to the XML
Document must have slipped through.  Just change all references to toHTML
to toXML until I get a chance to fix it :(.  ToHTML is a one line mod to
the Nodes.py which returns <xxx> instead of <xxx/> as Netscape hates tags
with <xx/> in it.  The system still should work but not be "pretty".

My upcoming ehancements include an implementation of namespaces for XML
Doc.  For details on why this is useful please refer to:
http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names/.  Basically, they allow you to embed
one XML application within another and also add CDATA's etc to nodes
automagically.  Also, I want to add a mergeNodes method to take two nodes
which are idential and merge them.

Finally, a proposal to add a new method to the Zope superclass.  New will
return an "empty", new instance of the class that is passed to it:

	<dtml-call "REQUEST.set(listofnodes, [NodeRef.new()])">

where NodeRef is an existing node perhapes obtained by
getElementsByTagName().  It is annoying to move to Products because
ZClasses don't support creation of new instances.

Cheers,

Anthony Pfrunder