[Zope-dev] ZODB and # of objects

Andrew M. Kuchling akuchlin@mems-exchange.org
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 19:29:16 -0400 (EDT)

FileStorage's property of requiring memory proportional to the number
of objects in the ZODB may be causing me problems.  I'm running into
trouble with a ceiling of 150,000 items, but the memory usage becomes
too high, 60 or 70 or 80Mb well before reaching that point.  I don't
think the problem is a memory leak in my code, but perhaps I'm doing
something wrong; has anyone stored that many items in a ZODB before?
What was the memory usage like?

       (The largest number of objects stored in a Zope database would
be an interesting bit of trivia.)

And forewarned is seldom forearmed. Not even in the shifting zones.
    -- Dream, in SANDMAN #39: "Soft Places"