[Zope-dev] volatile state maintenance

Patrick Phalen pphalen@teleo.net
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 14:02:38 -0700

[Sam Gendler, on Sun, 09 Apr 2000]
:: I have a product which needs to maintain a connection to a 300MB
:: database file (Metakt, if you must know).  The initial connection takees
:: about 3 seconds, due to the size of the file, so I wanted to make a
:: product that will keep the connection open, and re-use it.

This is timely. I'm evaluating Metakit for a project right now. This is
currently implemented as a Python CGI, with responses appended to flat
files which are FTP'd to a mainframe nightly for batch processing. Now,
we want to add a local store which can be queried ad hoc for marketing
purposes. (Zope may or may not be part of the picture.)

Is concurrency an issue with your application? If so, how are you
dealing with it? In our case, many simultaneous users could fill out
forms at the same time.