[Zope-dev] Using Aquisition to get a file

Chimezie Ogbuji cogbuji@fourthought.com
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 19:49:37 -0600 (MDT)

I'm trying to use Aquisition to allow access to a file repository
called stylesheets (it's
simply a top level folder which holds a bunch of files).  I want to be
able to access the data attribute of a specific file in the repository
from anywhere in the zope heirarchy using aquisition, but i'm not sure how
to go about this. Right now I'm doing this:

<dtml-let xsldata="stylesheets._[stylesheet].data">

where the 'stylesheet' is the id of the file I want to access in the
repository.  I'm getting an unauthorized error, and I think it's because I
don't have access to the stylesheet folder's _ object even thought I can
reference the folder itself via aquisition.
	There are no accessible methods (not even
those inherited from Object Manager) that will help me retrieve a file
(by an id string) from a folder refered to via aquisition, at least there
is none that I know of.   Can anyone help me with this or advise a better
way to tackle this problem?

Chime