[Zope-dev] Re: TinyTables

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 16:32:21 +0100

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the reply :-)

I'm not quite sure what your message meant...

Is it okay to use TinyTables (as in Zope 2.2 or 2.3 aren't going to
break them...)?

What is DatabaseAPI? I've never heard of it :(

Is TinyTables + based on TinyTables?

Where I'm coming from with this is:

TinyTables make a good place to store configuration data. I guess like
PropertySheets, except they can hold a table-like property. Maybe
Propertysheets need a TinyTable property type :-)

TinyTables are used in Squishdot for this very purpose. I'm doign some
development work on Squishdot and I want to know whether I need to
replace TinyTables with something else to make it more future proof.

Hope you can help,

Chris