[Zope-dev] Transparent folders?

Christian Scholz cs@comlounge.net
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 04:07:07 +0200

Hi!

On Thu, Apr 27, 2000 at 12:31:44PM -0700, Michel Pelletier wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
> >
> > Hi there,
> >
> Ya lost me right there, where is there a copy involved?  Why can't you
> put your Foo layout components in a FooLayout folder in the root folder
> and say:
>
> <dtml-with FooLayout></dtml-with>
>
> When you want to use them?  The only downside of this from your approach
> is that it's not 'transparent'.

I think "transparent" is better, as you can also do the sorting
afterwards, e.g. when you think that it's now too full..
You wouldn't have to change every occurence of an object in the
dtml code somewhere then.

> But otherwise what you are proposing does make sense, I'm getting the
> impression of 'overlaying' various folder namespaces while keeping their
> organziational structure.  Ok, some questions.
>
> What happens when a transparent folder 'A' contains a tranparent folder
> 'B'?

Maybe this simply shouldn't be allowed.. ;-) At least then all the
mentioned problems wouldn't occur..

-- christian