[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope] Permissions for properties - argh

Lalo Martins lalo@hackandroll.org
Fri, 28 Apr 2000 13:40:07 -0300

On Fri, Apr 21, 2000 at 10:08:12PM -0300, Lalo Martins wrote:
> Can't I keep users from _reading_ properties in a ZClass? I
> already mapped "Access content information" to a permission
> only Manager has... but then I create a DTML Method (no proxy
> roles) with <dtml-var "object.subobject.property"> and it
> renders, even for Anonymous... what gives?

Ok, no sollutions... I tried to look for this in the sources
but no success either... what pieces of code are involved in
reading a property of a ZClass-based object?

There are too many classes in ZClass/*.py, I didn't exactly
understand what each of them is for. We badly need at least
some UML :-(

[]s,
                                               +----
--
          Hack and Roll  ( http://www.hackandroll.org )
            News for, uh, whatever it is that we are.

http://www.webcom.com/lalo           mailto:lalo@hackandroll.org
                 pgp key in the personal page

Brazil of Darkness (RPG)    ---     http://zope.gf.com.br/BroDar