[Zope-dev] Weird thing happend with "Pack"

Brian Lloyd Brian@digicool.com
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 13:00:43 -0400

> Under Control_Panel/Database I pressed the "Pack" button with
> "days older
> than" set to '0'.  Ahh, the Data.fs became about 500k, that's
> more like
> it.  For some odd reason, I decided to enter '3' at "days older than"
> and press "Pack".  Dunno why.
>
> After I did that it got ugly.  Now it reported that the Data.fs was
> about 400k.  Hm, I thought, and checked the var/ directory.  It was
> smaller...  strange.  I decided to check if the rest of my site was
> still ok, but it wasn't.  When got into localhost/manage every object
> had their titles changed to 'L'.  A bit odd.  Very inconvinient. :)

Erik -

This is a known issue with Zope versions < 2.2 (its fixed in 2.2
final). It will bite you if you pack to a given time and then
subsequently pack to an earlier time, as in your example.

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com
Software Engineer  540.371.6909