[Zope-dev] __setattr__ --> Zope Crash :S

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 09 Aug 2000 12:16:23 +0100

Steve Alexander wrote:
> > The application, ./python.exe, generated an application error
> > The error occurred on  8/ 9/2000 @ 11:48:41.189
> > The exception generated was c00000fd at address 7800118b (lock)
> >
> > DrWatson also said this was a Stack Overflow error.
> >
> > Now what am I doing wrong? ;-)
>
> perhpas setitem calls setattr which calls setitem....
>
> perhaps insert some print statements to see if this is the case.

I did...

the problem starts in the constructor:

    # for making DataBlobs
    def __init__(self, id):
        self.id = id

the print statements look like:
print "settitem ",name,value

the output:
settattr  id test
settitem  id test

..then the exception.

So there's no one-calling-the-other going on :S

Any ideas?

Chris

PS: I Just noticed DataBlob inherits from OFS.SimpleItem.Item and well
as PersistentMapping, could this be bad?
It also inherits from AccessControl.Role.RoleManager, but I would have
though that'd affect it too much?