[Zope-dev] Cache-bug in handling of files

Peter Arvidsson peter@innodev.com
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 16:04:25 +0200

> That sounds very suspicious - what are your IE cache settings?

[...]

> This bug report was related to the fact that the user was
> accessing the file through a Squid cache and that at the
> time (Zope 2.0.1) there was a legitimate bug in the way
> that "If-Modified-Since" headers were handled. Squid was
> actually returning the file to him. It should have been
> marked completed quite a while ago (I just did that).
>
> I am using IE 5 (5.00.2314.1003), cache settings set to:
>
> "Check for newer versions of stored pages:
>   x Every visit to the page
>
> ...and I cannot reproduce the problem that you are
> describing :( Are these your cache settings? Are you
> accessing the server through any kind of proxy?
>
> Thanks

I am using IE 5 (5.00.2919.6307), cache settings set to:
"Check for newer versions of stored pages:
Automatically

Those settings should get the new file if it has changed.

I am accessing the server through a proxy.. could that be a problem? I
think it would be strange if everyone accessing the website I am
building can see the new files..

What do you think?

Peter