[Zope-dev] Funny bug in Zope?

Erik Enge erik@enge.net
16 Aug 2000 18:07:11 +0200

I'm not quite sure if this is already reported or not, so I won't give
much information on it (I've looked for something similar, but I
haven't found it).  I'm runnig Zope 2.2.0 under Linux.

I have this product I've made myself - called TravelAgent.  I add an
instance of it to the Zope root-folder, which I call TravelAgent.

Everything works fine.  If I rename this instance to something that
has less than five characters in it, something very fish starts to
happen.  I should also mention that in the index_html method's
body-tag I have an background-element which displays somepic.gif.

Now, if the instance is called f ex Trav (ie. less that five
characters) and I try to render the index_html, it displays the
background image correctly, but it also pukes out the gif in ASCII on
top - and nothing else.  This happens very consistently, unless I
reload fast four, five times - then it display the whole index_html
just fine.

I rename back to Trave (ie. five characters or more) and everything is
fine.  I can reproduce this all the time.

Strange, huh?