[Zope-dev] Re: Squishdot and Zope 2.2

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Mon, 21 Aug 2000 14:09:08 -0400

Chris Withers wrote:

> Shane Hathaway wrote:
> > > How do I do that?
> >
> > class Article:
> >
> >   __ac_permissions__ = (
> >     ('View', ('prev_item', 'next_item', 'showSummary', 'desc_items')),
> >     )
> >
> >   ... etc ...
> >
> > Globals.default__class_init__(Article)
>
> Okay, I've changed it to that now :-)
>
> > BTW did getSubject() solve your other problem?
>
> I don't think I got that bit ;-)

Add a getSubject() method which simply returns the subject, that way
you can protect getSubject() without any question of future
portability.

> The subject issue was solved by mixing RoleManager into posting.
> Does everything have to have RoleManager mixed in now? :S

Hmm, that worked huh?  :-/

> Then there was the thread[0] intSet issue which was solved with a hacky
> getThread() method.
> *grumble* *grumble* why aren't intSet's done properly?!

Hopefully you got the mail I sent to Brian and CC'd to you.  The
response is that we need to find a proper solution to the mutability
problem rather than open up intSet and BTree to an attack.  Actually,
in terms of OO purity, using a getThread() method is much better, so
what you did is *not* a hack.  :-)

Shane