[Zope-dev] Re: ZWikiZC comments

Johan Carlsson johanc@torped.se
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 11:06:16 +0200

> Two substantive comments, and some editorial ones.
>
> You write that you are thinking of different schemes for generating
> paths and ids.  I suggest one of the things you consider is whether
> your scheme will work if someone cuts the ZWikiZC and pastes it
> somewhere else in the tree.

Yes, I realized a that my current design storing a WikiName lookup
dictionary leads a need to update the dictionary from other object
as the are move or deleted, maybe also when their added.

> I'm not sufficiently versed in the different methods you discussed to
> understand their implications--they seem to involve yet more
> undocumented interfaces in Zope.

Not, really. They are discussed in the Zope 2.2 Wiki on zope.org.
They are very hard to find thou.

> It's hazardous to claim a performance advantage without benchmarks.

Yes, it should be scalability advantages.

//Johan