[Zope-dev] New version of BTreeFolder

Thu, 31 Aug 2000 16:13:03 +0100

On Mon, 28 Aug 2000 20:41:05 -0700, Kapil Thangavelu
<kthangavelu@earthlink.net> wrote:

>i ran some basic tests comparing a btree folder against a folder. i'm
>not sure about my testing methodology but here are the results. the test
>code is at the end of this email.

Im not sure this benchmark is measuring the things that a BTreeFolder
should excel at....

One advantage of a BTreeFolder is that you can access *one* if its
contained items without having to load *all* of the others. All of
your tests iterate through the whole content.

Secondly, it should be possible to add two items simultaneously
without causing a conflict, however your creation test has no
concurrency.

Toby Dickenson
tdickenson@geminidataloggers.com